I thought it might be useful to outline the different types of surveys that GP practices may need and the circumstances in which you might need them. Many people don’t realise that there are different types of survey which can cause some confusion. The first thing we’d need to find out is why you need […]
About TomTom advises a range of clients on a day-to-day basis both in the commercial and healthcare property sectors. He specialises in rent reviews, dispute resolution and surgery valuations, with a particular specialism in pharmacy rental values. He's currently advising Local Medical Committees on how NHS changes will affect practices occupying NHS owned premises. When he's not at work, he's kept very busy by his three small boys!
Author Archive | Tom
We launched our guide ‘Planning Partnership Changes: A Guide for GP Partnerships’ last month, and have had excellent feedback from both clients and other GP practices. The idea for the guide came about since we have seen an increasing number of doctors retiring over the past year or so. I think this is as much […]
With the changes to the NHS and with PCTs ceasing to exist, we are about to see a major shake up of NHS property across the country. From 1st April 2013, the majority of property owned by PCTs will be transferred to a new management company NHS Property Services. NHS PS has been set up purely for this […]
Having visited a number of practices over the last month or so, it is clear that all of them have been making efforts to get ready for their anticipated inspection by the Care Quality Commission, or CQC as it is more commonly known. What has been interesting has been the differing approaches taken by each […]
Notional Rent and Cost Rent are both forms of reimbursement under the Doctors Rent and Rates Scheme. The Doctors Rent and Rates Scheme is a framework for establishing the funding and reimbursement to GPs for the provision of premises and services on behalf of the local PCT. Whilst existing premises are due reimbursement by way […]
A local pharmacy has approached us with a view to setting up in our premises. What effect will this have on our Notional Rent?
The answer to this query really depends on the space which the pharmacy will occupy. If the space that has been identified is currently within the space that is being reimbursed by the PCT then your reimbursement will have to be adjusted to take this into account, obviously resulting in less Notional Rent being received […]
I have been dealing with a number of Notional Rent Assessments for clients recently which of course means speaking to the District Valuer. We get on very well with the 4 or 5 people we regularly come across which of course makes it a lot easier to try to agree an increase to a client’s […]
Recent tweets from Neil Mason Associates
- Lack of supply and rising demand leads to increasing #rent and #rent reviews. Are you ready? For advice call us on 01604 799010 2 months ago
- Taking on a new #lease? You must get a #Schedule of Condition at the start to avoid a #dilapidations shock at the… https://t.co/pavZsTm6Gk 2 months ago
- Need advice when purchasing a #commercial #property? Call us for #investment, #valuation and #lease advice on 01604 799010 3 months ago
- Restructuring a #lease? It's vital to pay close attention to the terms and wording of the #lease. We can handle n… https://t.co/xGH2JOnHXS 3 months ago
- We specialise in #property #investment and disposal advice to private #investors, family #trusts, education charities. Call 01604 799010 4 months ago